Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby is coming - or is he???

I went into the midwife today and she checked my cervix to see if all the contractions were doing anything. The good news is the contractions are "kind of" doing their job; I am dilating, but the contractions have not been able to change the position of my cervix. My cervix is facing towards my back so the baby's head is not able to put pressure on the opening to help me progress.

Apparently this little issue is caused by the baby facing the wrong way and they want me to go see a chiropractor to receive an adjustment that changes the direction the baby is facing. If we can get the baby to change directions it is suppose to help the cervix fall and I will experience less back labor.

Moroni was facing the same way when I was pregnant with him - which explains all the back pain I experienced with his labor. Hopefully Ty can figure out what I kind of adjustment I am suppose to have - it would be great to have a smoother labor and delivery this time!!

6 comments:

Naihe Family said...

My 3rd and even my 4th were turned sunnyside up. my 3rd I had the back labor, it sucked! My 4th turned to her side before labor, so I was ok. My doctor told me that even if the baby turned that it would probably slip back into its spot. He said it wouldn't be until labor that he would be able to move. But he said to talk to my nurses about ways to help. Sitting on a ball. Getting on all 4's like a dog (great pic, I know). He said that there were definete ways to get the baby turned. I wasn't progressing in my 3rd, he said it shouldn't have happened like that. Go figure...hawaii. My 4th never turned completely and kinda got stuck right at the end, she was vacuumed because she got into distress. This one might not be in the exact spot as your last one...fingers crossed. I hope things turn out so that you can have a good labor with no back pain. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

I had horrible back labor with Nathan! I went so quickly with him I didn't get and epidural!!
I hope your able to turn him around.
Is your mom coming to help when he's born?
I hope your able to get some rest!
We think and talk about you everyday!
Love ya, Nanci

Becky and Jeff said...

I hope you can get something figured out to turn him and lessen the back labor pains. It sounds like your midwife is much more helpful than your last doctor. yeah! I hope you are doing okay! You know our number whenever you need us!!

The Dennis' said...

So River was faced the wrong way as well... However we did not know until I had been in Labor for 12 hours and had been pushing for 1 and 1/2 hours so I think you are lucky... The pains were terrible. I am so glad that the last 2 were so much easier. I hope everything is great and he will be here soon..
Love Ya Tons, Jamie

Levin said...

What's the due date again?

Dennis Family said...

We are due January 26th