Friday, September 12, 2008

Ultrasound this week


We went in for our ultrasound today. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I guess I was really spoiled when I was pregnant with Moroni. This time Ty didn't get to come back for the "examination" so I was there alone in a dark room staring at the ceiling. The tech and I didn't really talk to each other so I have no idea if the baby is measuring OK and developing properly.


Different experience this time that is for sure. With our last pregnancy Ty and I got to be together and watch from our own screen the whole process. Our tech talked with us through the entire procedure and carefully checked off each organ and possible birth defect to make sure that the baby was growing properly. He also checked the measurements and adjusted our due date slightly. I didn't realize how good I had it in Hawaii; I really find myself missing the health care providers that we had there.


In any case we got to find out the gender. It is going to be another boy!!! I am so excited to have another little tiny member added to this family. We didn't get very good pix this time, but we do have one that shows both feet! Oh - it will be sooo fun to kiss those toes when they come out!

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

Congratulations on the boy!!! We hope to see you while you are in California sometime in our lives. That is a bit scary to think that the Healthcare providers are not as nice as they are here. Did you know that in a month or so Dr. Shimizu will move to the big Island? Her family is already there.

Dennis Family said...

Holy Cow --- they have GOT TO get another doctor out there.