Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

2009 was a crazy year! I am grateful for the things I learned and experienced. I learned how important friends are. I learned how much I really do love and care for my friends and how much they affect my life. Good friends have let me cry on their shoulders, vent out my frustrations, pointed out things I could improve in my life, laughed with me, cried with me and have left me with wonderful memories. I am grateful for the patience and thoughtfulness that those that are close to me have had with me. Everywhere I have lived there has been particular friends that have had the most affect on me.

My mom has always been a friend. She would wake up in the middle of the night when I would get home from a date and listen patiently as I rambled on and on about silly things; I can't imagine how many hours of sleep I have cost her to lose throughout my life.

As a teenager Danielle helped me through family frustrations, boy frustrations and was a tremendous source of happiness. I loved staying at her house (practically moved in :) and appreciate that I was practically adopted into her family.

In college there was no denying that Marianne and I were inseperable. I loved secretly passing notes back and forth with her during class. She was so much fun to be around and so easy to talk to.

When I moved to Texas I met my absolute best friend ever. And I married him; I have to admit I was not at all sure about marrying this "dude", but it has been one of the best decisions I could have made. He has made me soooo happy. I love sharing a Home with him. I am grateful that he has taken my goals on as his own and worked so hard to make things that seemed "impossible" really happen. If he loved to cook and do dishes he would be perfect. Maybe when we get to heaven :)



While in Texas Ty and I met and became friends with another couple. I can remember the first time I saw Ferrell. While in Relief Society she got up and made a comment about her husband (I still remember the comment too) and there was something about her; I guess you could call it "chemistry". Then I saw her with her husband (long haired rebellious look'n guy; deep down I really like that look) outside the bishops office and I told Ty I wanted to be friends with them. When we talked to them for the first time we found out they liked to camp and immediately set up plans to go camping together. From then on as hard as they tried they couldn't get rid of us - EVER :) I sure enjoyed having Phil and Ferrell as part of our family.



We did the same thing to the Gunters in Hawaii. I am not sure if we dragged them or if we followed them everywhere. When we first met them I was pregnant with Moroni and Amanda had tried to invite me (a couple of times) to go with her to watch a surf comp. I stood her up everytime. I still feel bad about that, but she was patient and eventually we hooked up and then she spent the rest of the time we lived there stuck with me. Our families went island hopping (camping on 3 different islands) together, we spent most of our holidays together, they helped me through the first 1/2 of my labor with Moroni, Amanda and I served in the primary presidency together and Levin ALWAYS could make me laugh - always. I am telling you when Armegeddon hits he will be the one telling a joke. He will have people laughing while they are going up in flames.


Here in California we have been blessed with some great friends. Although we have been busier now than we have ever been in our lives we have had the opportunity to spend time with good friends like the Spauldings and the Turners and the Uylemans.

I am not sure why I wrote such a long post about the people in my life. I guess it is just the spirit of the New Year. I have been touched by so many people in my life. There are so many people that have taught and showed me how to be a better person and I am blessed to have had them in my life.

No comments: